The allah’s 99 names meaning and benefits are: the names that Allah Almighty singled out, and confirmed for Himself, and confirmed for Him by the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and in which all believers believe.
Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said that what is meant by “good” is: preferred over good, and the general meaning is summed up in that all allah’s 99 names are the best and best of names.
Because of the sublime and majestic meanings it carries, and Ibn al-Wazir mentioned regarding all allah’s 99 names that perfection is all in Himself, and the names and attributes He has; Therefore, all allah’s 99 names must be among the best names, and not be limited to being good only.
allah’s 99 names; They are the names of Allah Almighty that are specific to Him and His attributes, and they are the best names and attributes, so they are beautiful and not just good.
What is the reason for calling allah’s 99 names by this name?
It should be noted that it was called the best for several reasons:
- Because all allah’s 99 names indicate the greatest and most exalted name; And He is Allah.
- Because allah’s 99 names include qualities that indicate perfection that is not tainted by deficiency. Either estimated or likely.
- Because allah’s 99 names indicate the most glorious, greatest, and most sacred name of Allah.
- Ibn al-Qayyim said: “His names – Glory be to Him – are all names of praise, praise, and glorification, and therefore they are beautiful.”
- allah’s 99 names meaning and benefits indicate His monotheism, generosity, and presence, and they indicate glorification of Allah Almighty and veneration for Him.
- Al-Saadi mentioned that each of allah’s 99 names is beautiful on its own, and has the quality of perfection. That is why it was called the Most Beautiful, and each name denotes the entire characteristic from which it is derived, and represents all of its meanings.
Because Allah Almighty is described only with the best qualities, and is praised in the best forms of praise. Every name takes its place, or indicates its meaning, and is not the place of another name.
- allah’s 99 names indicates the attribute of mercy, and the name of the Mighty indicates the attribute of glory, and all names and attributes agree in their significance to Allah – the Almighty -; The meaning of names is synonymous in their meaning of the essence, and different in their meaning of attributes.
- The reason for naming allah’s 99 names by this name is because they indicate Allah Almighty, and because they include the attributes of perfection, beauty, and majesty.
What is the number of Asmaa ul Alhusina?
The number of allah’s 99 names that have been proven in the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet has reached more than ninety-nine names, as stated by Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, and Dr. Bakr bin Abdullah Abu Zaid said:
“Chapter: Names belong to Allah Almighty, to His Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and to the Qur’an. The Great: It is a pause that cannot be found except with a text, and there are about a hundred names of Allah Almighty mentioned in the Qur’an.”
The wisdom behind not specifying allah’s 99 names lies in motivating every Muslim to strive to strive hard, and to call upon Allah by all the names that he knows. Whether those mentioned in the book, or those mentioned in the Sunnah.
The number of names mentioned in the Qur’an has reached ninety-nine, and names other than those mentioned in the Qur’an have also been mentioned in the Sunnah. Among the scholars who say so are: Sufyan bin Uyaynah, Ibn Hajar, Ahmad bin Hanbal, and other scholars.
The number of allah’s 99 names mentioned in the Qur’an and Sunnah is more than ninety-nine names, and the wisdom in not specifying the number is so that the Muslim may strive to acquire them and pray for them.
What is the ruling of belief in allah’s 99 names?
Belief in allah’s 99 names meaning and benefits is defined as: proving what Allah has proven to Himself of His attributes and names. The Muslim believes that Allah is the Peace, the Faithful, the Dominant, the Mighty, the Mighty.
And he believes that Allah – the Almighty – is above the heavens, established on the Throne, and that no one resembles Allah – the Almighty. – In His names and attributes; Allah is the Rich, the One like Him, and the All-Knowing, the Wise, the Knowledge and Wisdom that no one has.
Belief in allah’s 99 names meaning and benefits is based on several pillars, which are: Belief in the Name, and Belief in the meanings and effects of the Names.
Effects of belief in allah’s 99 names
Knowing allah’s 99 names meaning and benefits and counting them entails many fruits, as explained by the scholar Ibn al-Qayyim, and their explanation follows:
- allah’s 99 names indicate perfection. Every attribute has an action and a requirement. Either it is intransitive or transitive. The connection of the verb to the object is one of its essentials, and it is not possible to disable that.
- For example, the nouns All-Hearing and All-Seeing require what is heard and seen, while the Creator requires the existence of a created being, and the most perfect of people’s servitude is the one who worships all the names and attributes of Allah that humans know.
- Knowing allah’s 99 names, and extrapolating their effects on creation and command, achieves certainty about the regularity between creation and command.
Allah Almighty has the greatest and most complete praise, and He has commanded Muslims, by virtue of His Names, to do goodness, justice, patience, mercy, forgiveness, forgiveness, honesty, gratitude, and justice, and He hates all attributes that contain arrogance, injustice, or greatness.
- The love of Allah – Glory be to Him – is achieved; The servants most knowledgeable about allah’s 99 names are the ones who love Him most – Glory be to Him -; Since Allah is praised for every action and command, they all emanate from wisdom and knowledge.
- all allah’s 99 names are considered a basis for knowledge of everything that is known, noting that Allah’s actions and commands do not contain any defect or discrepancy, but if a defect occurs, it is due to the servant’s ignorance or lack of wisdom.
- It is considered one of the reasons for winning Allah’s forgiveness and satisfaction. The servant’s knowledge that Allah is mighty brings about the servant’s feeling of glorification of Allah Almighty, and fear of Him as well. So he is keen to carry out His commands and stay away from what He has forbidden.
An example of this is also Allah’s description of Himself as not sleeping, nor being drowsy, which indicates the absence of deficiency or heedlessness, which affects the heart of the servant, so he realizes that Allah is always aware of what He issues. Nothing is missed, and that creates fear of Allah Almighty in the heart of the believer.
What is the ruling of not believing in allah’s 99 names?
Deviation and inclination from what Allah has proven to Himself of the names and attributes of belief in them does not mean not believing in Allah, but rather deviating from what Allah intended of the meanings of allah’s 99 names meaning and benefits, and innovating in them.
It is worth noting the prohibition of that act and its condemnation. Because there is a tendency and deviation in the meaning that Allah Almighty intended, and the prohibition has been proven in many Qur’anic verses, including His saying – Almighty:
(وَلِلَّهِ الأَسْمَاءُ الْحُسْنَى فَادْعُوهُ بِهَا وَذَرُوا الَّذِينَ يُلْحِدُونَ فِي أَسْمَائِهِ سَيُجْزَوْنَ مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ).
Belief in allah’s 99 names means that a Muslim affirms to Allah the names and attributes that he has affirmed for himself, and the pillars of faith in these names include belief in the names and their meanings and the effects that result from them, and the virtue of this faith is entering Paradise and winning the satisfaction of Allah Almighty.
At the end of the text, allah’s 99 names are the attributes that Allah Almighty has assigned to Himself, and belief in all allah’s 99 names is obligatory, so we mentioned allah’s 99 names meaning and benefits in our article.